Do you want to bring in the summer sunset with you? Check out this tutorial by Janel Estep to bring in the tropical feels with this classy nail art design.
[Tutorial] Summer Nail Art: My-Oh-Matte Palm Tree Nail Design
Feel the Heat of Summer with this Hot Nail Art!
Ahh! The sunset vibes every summer where palm trees silhouetted against a sunset sky. Relaxing, isn’t it? So feel relaxed with this easy step-by-step tutorial on how to paint your nails with this summer ready nail design that will put you in the summer mood!
You will need:
- base coat
- different colors of nail polish: white (base)
- coral and purple (sunset gradient)
- black (silhouetted palm trees)
- thin brush
- matte top coat
- liquid latex
- latex-free sponge
- Apply a base coat to protect your natural nails and let it dry first before you apply a white nail polish for the base color.
- Use liquid latex around your nail to minimize clean up when you use the gradient method for the sunset colors.
- Apply a stripe of coral and purple nail polish on the sponge and gently press it on your nails.
- Add more layers until you reach the desired sunset hues.
- For the silhouetted palm tree — using a thin brush and a black nail polish, draw a slight curved line for the tree trunk and a few short lines at the end for the base for your palm leaves.
- And for the palm leaves, lightly pull out horizontal lines in the same direction from the short lines you started with.
- Once you’re done, seal with a matte top coat.
You can watch full tutorial here:
And that’s it! With a few easy steps, you now have a beautiful silhouetted palm tree from the soft hues of the sunset sky. A soothing view of your marvelous nail design. Gives you the beach feels and it is the perfect nail design for a perfect day at the beach!
Want more tutorials like this? Click here now!